Thursday, February 5, 2009

U know that a bathroom door in the airplane is closed when...

....Apparently being on a place for 14 hours, traveling at altitudes in excess of 30000 ft, and watching countless movies to pass the time, diminishes one's ability to remember the basics of travel.
Needless to say the someone tried to enter, but the door barely opened before I could call out the traditional, "Hey" (with love of course). Now i know, lights illumined =door locked. Maybe I should consider Cathy's suggestion to dye my hair?
Add that to the list of funny ha-ha's that will fill the next 17 days.
So highlights for the day...departure and arrival, Happy meal at Old MacDonald's (as Mariah likes to call it -and yes, I just called McDonald's a highlight, but be sure it will not happen for at least the next 15 days ), and hitting the pillow on a very hard bed (actually my sore back found comfort in lying a padded board). Anything in between I could have done with out—cramped quarters, desperate longing to consume mass amounts of water, and the fact that fact that we were on a place for 15 hours. With all the technology our society has attained, why is it that only Star Trek has been mastered the art of beaming individuals from place to place. I would be willing to pay the price. It sure would make for easier travel. Unless of course a fly flew into teleport. Then I might have to be concerned with taking on some characteristics of said bug (yes that reference was for all you closet Jeff Goldbloom fans out there, you know who you are).
In the midst of my rambling thoughts and observations, I am very excited to experience this corner of the world, with all it smells and sights, cultures and people. Right now I am sitting in the lobby of the BP International hotel and the sun is just starting to light the day. Buses, cars, and people are beginning to fill the streets, I am excited to experience Hong Kong. It is supposed to be 72ish degree (21 Celsius) and relatively clear.

No comments: