Thursday, February 5, 2009

tears for Hong Kong

the flute flutters, the mandolin picks, voices chatter, air flows through my hair as I gaze at the jewel of Asia's World City. I feel a sadness as I scan the endless expanse of throngs, concrete pillars, garden filled abodes--my heart weeps
light among the lights, salt among the free flowing aroma, where do you stand? Flavor of season-less souls, have you been trample?
Who is the voice of the drowned?
Who is the advocate for the prison held?
Who is the redeemer the captive?
Who is the mender of the broken bones and the bruised reed?
Where has God's spirit been pervading and the His news of Goodness proclaimed?

Jesus I pray for the perseverant one's.
Jesus I pray for the lowly in spirit.

Jesus our cries go out to the need of those for comfort
Jesus our cried beg for makers of peace, not wanton greed and destructive power grabs.

Hear the voices of the righteous.
Refuge those surrounded by predators of the unprotected
Plant firm the steadfast one's and guide their steps
May songs of praise and hymns of adulation fill their deep
Let many hear the resound of the of salvation which descends
Rejoice for those redeemed and grafted into the fold of the God's community

No comments: