Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It has been awhile, to say the least

Please simply ignore my other posts, especially since they were vain attempts to begin a blog and now it has been almost a year since I have last posted.
So, much has gone over the last year, to regurgitate would be sublime and yet almost ridiculous. Hence, the reader's digest version...we left the beloved bluegrass on May 31st (a place that had become not only endearing, but our second home) packed bags, boxes, Budget rental truck, and embraced our Manifest Destiny (if u do not understand my reference, google John L. O'Sullivan, President James K. Polk, Horace Greely, and a song by Michael W. Smith).
In a round about way (too complicated to digest to reader's in this magnitude) we made it to the Northwest on the Pacific Ocean. They say it rains up yonder and we were given red carpet welcome...rain and 45 degrees for what seemed like all summer.
The place where we rest our weary heads, is a little abode which is just that, tucked away in the northern regions of the Port of Everett. This cozy home 100 year old, has been converted n2 3 apartments. Cramped at times, but we love it. My lovely and amazing wife Karen found a job at a hospital less than 1 mile from home, and until recently I was working for the man at Starbucks (since then I have transfered my energy two-fold: part-time daddy daycare with the kids...a joyous reward... and every spare moment serving as a staff pastor at Lakeside Community Fellowship)
It has now been 8 months since we graced the land of beauty and grandeur with our presence and God has been with us every step of the way. As difficult of a decision it was to take this leap of faith, God has shown us, in ways that words cannot do justice, that we r where he wants us. I can honestly say every stop along the way was the right place to b, but to move across the continental divide and settle in a land where we had no roots, was a fork in the road we had never experienced. So we did what every person should do in such a quandry...we took it! and have not looked back.
So, there u have it... not sure if I did the reader's digest version justice... perhaps we could call this Bryan's digest(ive) version??
Anyhow, I hope this blog thing sticks this time around. I really do miss writing to someone other than me, myself, and I.

No comments: